In a few days it’s that joyous time of year again when I get presents to celebrate new wrinkles. Hurray!
Birthdays are also a great moment to look back at what has been and more importantly at what is to come, or what we hope is to come.
This year, the last one in my twenties – don’t cry, don’t cry – , I wanted to make myself a bucketlist. For those of you who don’t know what a bucketlist is; it’s basically a list with activities or goals you wish to do or achieve before you die.
1. Swim with dolphins
2. Get a book published
3. Become a full-time author
4. Buy a house in Scotland
5. Travel to Australia
6. Travel to Japan
7. Work in publishing
8. Meet J.K. Rowling
9. Do the Harry Potter Studio Tour in London
10. Visit The Wizarding World of Harry Potter in Orlando
11. Go to Disneyland in Paris
9. See the pyramids in Egypt
10. See the northern lights
11. Learn how to play piano
12. Go scuba diving
13. Ride a horse
14. Go skydiving
15. Attend a Wimbledon tennis match
16. Befriend someone who speaks a different language
17. Plant a tree and watch it grow
18. Work and live in a different country
19. Be in a movie or TV series
20. Fly in a helicopter
21. Win a writing competition
22. Drive a boat
23. Go on a safari in Africa
24. Visit New York
25. Do a road trip across the United States
26. Be part of a radio show or podcast
27. Learn how to play guitar
28. Play a game of Paintball
29. Hold a Koala bear
30. Milk a cow
31. Be a game show contestant
32. See Adele live
33. Buy an antique typewriter
34. Work for Disney
35. Dye my hair in a weird colour
36. Sleep in a tree house
37. Ride in a Gondola in Venice
38. Go Christmas shopping in London
39. Get the entire Hercule Poirot and Miss Marple series
40. Read more than 80% of the books I own
I’ve got to be honest: I cheated a little, since I’ve already done a few things on my bucketlist, but I’ve added them because I either want to do it again (Disneyland, since I was too young to remember much of it) or do them better (A roadtrip through the United States. We’ve seen quite a bit of the South West, but there is so much more to see in the USA and I want to visit Yosemite National Park once more).
There’s also one thing missing on my bucketlist, namely “take a hot-air balloon ride”. That’s because I did that last week and it was brilliant! More on that in my next favourites blog post.
Do you have a bucketlist? What do you want to do? Are there similarities with mine?
Have a bookish day!